Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Showered With Love!

This weekend was extra special because my mamma and sister threw me a beautiful baby shower! Everything was so thoughtful and perfect! We had lots of activities and games and best of all, I was able to hang out with family and friends I haven't seen in a while.

It was great for Aaron as well because he had a little dudes day out with some friends and grabbed lunch and went bar hopping down Main St. It was walking distance which was perfect so we didn't have to worry about them driving and getting home safely :) 

Noelle made Aaron a diaper and beer cake!

Here are a few pictures from the shower:
Some of the girls!



So much love for Baby G!

DECOR--I'd like to describe the overall decor as "girly garden rustic" (yes I just made that up). Lots of chalkboards (which I loved!) and clotheslines where baby clothes hung from sparkly clothespins. There were hydrangeas, daisies and an assortment of pink and purple flowers that just made everything so feminine and fresh. They stuck the flowers in mason jars that my sister spent all day painting and scattered them throughout the party.We had a couple of "Baby G" signs that my sister made, and tissue paper poms that we hung all over the house. Tulle and pink table clothes also helped to girly the place up a bit ;)


ACTIVITIES-- After the ladies came in and got their champagne or drink of choice, we hung around talking for a while and then introduced a few activities to get started on while the majority of invitees arrived. We had a "sign the onesie" station, a headband making station and a "late night diapers" section.
 I knew I wanted the guests to make something for baby girl, but I wasn't crazy about the idea of everyone each decorating a onesie, so I requested a headband making craft instead. My mom bought a kit off Etsy so all we had to do was measure, cut and glue the elastic in the kit. We had 4 sizes of bands: newborn, 0-3 months, 3-12 months, and 1-3 years. I labeled the sizes with a tag and left room for the guests to leave their name on the tag so I would know who made what headband! The girls were able to decorate the bands with the fabric flowers and embellishments and tap into their crafty side. (There were even some leftover for me to decorate when I got home ;) ).


GAMES- I really wanted everyone to enjoy themselves so I was stoked to find out there was going to be several games where people won prizes. My mom even said I could be in charge of making a few prizes, so I made flower scented soy candles in mason jars!
Guess mama's belly size: A baby shower classic. It was funny to see how huge a piece of yarn the majority of people end up cutting, but I was pleasantly surprised when my best friend guessed my tummy size spot on!
The Price Is Right: They had a dozen baby necessities bought from Target and everyone had to guess the individual price of each item and then total everything up. The closest to the grand total won. For this game we had two winners since my grandma and friend Ashley were both $2 off. I was surprised how many moms overestimated the cost of everything!
Baby Beer Chugging: Even though I couldn't participate, I was super excited for this game! We filled up baby bottles from the dollar store with Blue Moon and had everybody race to finish the beer! My sister won this won by a mile but since she was the host and couldn't win a prize, we had everyone compete for 2nd, 3rd and 4th place. Still convinced I could have won this game . . . haha.


Chug! Chug! Chug!

Baby Shower Bingo: There were a ton of gifts to open so I was a little relieved that we had another game where a couple of people could win prizes while I opened up gifts for Baby G. My sister filled in the boxes ahead of time with common gifts given at a baby shower and mixed them up in different orders so nobody would have the same Bingo card.

FOOD- My mom made both caprese and turkey, cranberry and brie sandwiches and then had 3 or 4 different salads for the entrees. We had a lot of appetizers out when people came in such as mixed nuts, hummus and crackers, baked snap peas, an artichoke dip, grapes and strawberries, as well as a cheese board. There was a huge emphasis on desserts which included red velvet and devils food cupcakes, fresh fruit, french macaroons, strawberry yogurt covered pretzels, lolly pops, and cookies.

It was incredible how many gifts we (me & Baby G) received, and I am still so appreciative of them all! Baby girl is officially set in the clothes department and received so many adorable pieces, my heart just melted. I can't wait to dress her up!


I am so thankful for all the baby gear we were given, which included a stroller with a bassinet & car seat (hallelujah!), baby bouncer, a swing, nursing pillow, bumbo seat, playard, baby walker and a playmat. Some of my favorite gifts include a homemade baby blanket from my best friend's mom (which is soooooo soft and cozy), a Kate Spade diaper bag from my sister and her boyfriend, and these beautiful Jane Austen Babylit books from my Mamma.

After the party died down a little the guys came back from their bar hopping excursion and I was happy to see that they were not as wasted as I anticipated! We all hung out in the patio in front of the fire pit and talked/enjoyed drinks.

My mom and sister sent everyone home with a little champagne bottle, which I think made a perfect favor.

Overall it was such a wonderful day and I could not be more blessed with great friends and family who went out of their way to make me feel special. And to top it off, we woke up to a waffle breakfast the next morning :)

Yes, those are cupcakes in the center of the table ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment