Saturday, May 30, 2015

Summer Baby


Memorial Day always feels like the unofficial first day of summer--and honestly, I don't think I've ever been so excited for warm weather! There is something about baby skin and sunshine that just makes me happy. I am loving dressing Bendelle in short sleeves and bloomers, loving being able to spend more time outdoors together, and also loving not having to turn on the heat and burn through our propane tank! Wohoo!


I cannot believe that Bendelle will be 8 months in less than two weeks. Time just seems to be flying by, but I am enjoying getting to experience all the holidays and seasons with a baby for the first time. And now that summer is (almost) here, it's all about the dresses, tank tops and shorts for Belles. I am constantly reminding myself to keep a bottle of baby sunblock in the diaper bag at all times! And I must say, I just love the way she smells when she's lathered in sunblock!


We went on a hike the other day which was kind of a shitshow because we brought the dogs and it was at least 85 degrees so they had to stop every 3 minutes and drink water. On top of that, the sunblock that I used was attracting bugs so Bendelle and I were being hunted by flies the whole time. All in all we only hiked for about 45 minutes but somehow we still had a good time. I think as long as we spend some time outside as a family everyone is happy.  :)


In about a month we will be heading to the East Coast to visit Aaron's family, and it will be the first time most of them will meet Bendelle! I am not looking forward to the plane ride, but for once I am thankful we have a layover so we'll be able to move around with her and hopefully she won't be as bored as she would have been on a nonstop flight. I am already thinking about what to bring and what we'll be able to leave behind--we've never flown with a baby but I know our luggage will now double with Bendelle!
  
I am definitely excited for summer BBQs and maybe a trip or two to Temecula for wine tasting this season. Bring on the sunshine :)


No comments:

Post a Comment