Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December is here!

Happy December everyone! I absolutely love this time of year but hate that it always feels like it just flies by! These last few days I have been doing tons of Christmas shopping online (cyber Monday anyone?), as I am trying to get my Christmas shopping done ASAP so that I can focus on other festivities :)

Last year when we hosted Christmas! So many people & so many gifts!

Right now it is pouring outside, and although we don't have our tree yet (guess what's happening this weekend?!), it feels very festive and cozy inside. My sister helped us pull out our decorations last weekend so our house feels Christmasey but I'm feeling like we really do need some more Christmas decor ;) We don't have outside outlets so unfortunately we weren't able to put up Christmas lights outside last year. We have been wanting to get an electrician out here to install a few outlets but it always feels like we have about 19843294872 things on our to-do list.


Yesterday kind of sucked because it was the first day back to reality after Aaron's vacation. We loved having his mom out here with us and it was so hard to say goodbye. My mom and sister also came up for about a day so it was nice to see them and celebrate my mom's belated birthday together. Saturday we went into town for all the holiday festivites--Christmas booths, small buisness Saturday shopping, and Bendelle's first time sitting on Santa's lap! That night was the Tree Lighting Ceremony which really kicked off Christmas for me! 




Since Sunday it has been raining off and on up here--perfect weather to go see a movie! So that's what my sister and I did while my mom watched Bendelle for a couple of hours (Aaron squeezed in a few hours of sleep before work). We saw Catching Fire Part 1 which of course was great, but just like the books, I liked the first two movies better ;) And of course I couldn't stop checking my phone during the movie, worrying about Bendelle the whole time (#momlife). And of course she was fine :)


Looking forward to sharing my Christmas favorites & traditions this month! Happy December :)

No comments:

Post a Comment