Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving Week


We have so much to be thankful for this year, and I'm glad that we get to take a day to really celebrate and reflect everything we have and are grateful for. And not only do we get to spend the holiday with this wonderful little cherub, but we are also blessed to spend Thanksgiving with Aaron's mom this year.


On the menu for Thanksgiving:

Cornish game hens
Green bean casserole 
Rosemary truffle garlic mashed potatoes
Stuffing with fresh thyme
Sauteed brussel sprouts 
Some kind of salad?
Debbie's (Aaron's mom) homemade apple pie

And Bendelle will just be sipping on lattes (mama's milk) all day long. I love watching her eat--it really is the cutest thing. She gets so ravenous and eats so often in (relatively) small increments. Her theme song is "All About That Bass" except we've changed the lyrics to all 'bout that milk, 'bout that milk,  no powder.
And speaking of, today I breastfed for the first time in public at a restaurant. Even though I covered up, it was still a big deal for me and made me feel better about taking her out to eat with us (we've taken her to several restaurants so far, but I've always pumped and brought bottles).


Today marked the first official day of Aaron's week-long vacation and it has truly been AMAZING having him home (and even more amazing that my mother-in-law is here too). Time together is something I will never take for granted.
We have been enjoying family walks, nightly fires, pretty fall drives, watching all of our favorite movies, going out to eat, visiting the desert (what we did today), shopping, and taking a walk around Lake Fulmor while capturing some family shots for our Christmas cards this year (I can't wait to share the winner!).



I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving this week! I know we are all so excited for Christmas, but don't forget to take time and really give thanks for all you have to be thankful for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment