Thursday, August 14, 2014

Autumn on my mind

It's been a great week so far, hanging out with my sister and enjoying the beautiful summer weather up here in the mountains. Our nights are getting cooler, and I'm wanting to believe that it is starting to feel a lot like fall :)

Today was a busy day! Elle and I went down the hill to take a tour of a different hospital that would be closer to us than the one where my obgyn delivers. Overall I liked the hospital (maternity unit) a little more, and think it would be easier on everyone (Aaron & family) if I delivered there. The only problem is that I would have to find a new doctor. After speaking to the director of the women's center today on our tour, she recommended a doctor she thought I would feel comfortable with, so now it is just up to me and what I want to do. I would need to make an appointment with this new doctor and have my files transferred if I choose to deliver at this new hospital, so now I'm just trying to figure out the best move!

After the tour, Elle and her boyfriend and I headed over to Ruby's where I downed a milkshake, veggie burger and fries. It was so satisfying and nostalgic all at once (5 pounds later).

Fueled up, we headed to the desert hills outlets where I bought a birthday gift for Aaron (score!), something for Mamma, and a couple of cute things for Baby G. I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more baby clothes, but I walked into Carter's, one of my all time favorite baby stores, and just couldn't resist. Their stuff is too cute and so affordable, it's ridiculous.
Here's what I bought:
So love this Halloween onesie!

Obsessed with this tutu & leggings combo--have already paired it with other onesies!

Dog lover--how could I not??
And then I saw this stuff (don't worry, I somehow managed to refrain from buying these Turkey Day pieces):
And then I saw these, and it was all over. Cuteness. Christmas. Overload. 




Right now I am satisfied with my Halloween finds, but you know I will be eying these bad boys until Thanksgiving rolls around. . .

And since we're on the topic of babies and shopping . . . we dropped into Kate Spade today where the very sharp sales lady noticed I was pregnant and was eager to show me all of their adorable baby bags. I don't think there is a comparison to what I saw today--I am in love!
My favorite as of now


Also love this black, white & pink bag!

And to top it all off, all these bags were basically 50% off. I wanted to buy one so bad but decided to hold off a little longer :)

We topped the day off by going to the concert in the park which was featuring a great Motown band that had everybody dancing and singing along. So much fun!

Tomorrow is Friday and I am so excited to spend time with my love this weekend. Our weeks get so busy and I just really crave quality time together. After work tomorrow Aaron is planning on checking out this vintage french provincial dresser I saw on craigslist. I hope, hope, hope it's as good in person as it looks online, because it is exactly what I have been looking for (these last few months!). It will be nice to finally be done with the dresser search--it has been sooo exhausting trying to find the perfect piece for the perfect price!

Will keep you all updated ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment