Monday, January 5, 2015

Hello 2015.

What a great year 2014 has been to us! From continuing to making our house a home, to starting off the year by getting pregnant, 2014 has been one wild, beautiful ride.


I can't believe that we literally started our year off with a bang by getting pregnant in the beginning of January. By my 25th birthday, a month later, I already knew before peeing on the stick that I was knocked up. It's funny how in-tuned to your body you become once you get pregnant and have a baby. And it's amazing how much my body has changed and gone through over the course of this year. While I'm not too crazy about my new-found tiger stripes, I am more thankful than ever for my body and the miracle it has created.


We brought in the New Year with our best friends (our oldies but goodies), and I wouldn't have it any other way. We opened Christmas gifts from each other, ate pizza, played games (oooh Cards Against Humanity), and went out to eat for dinner. I love our friends for being patient with us as we circled around outside until Bendelle was calm enough to take inside, and for helping me change Bendelle after she had a HUGE blowout in the first five minutes of being in the restaurant (why don't all bathrooms have changing tables??). Nevertheless, it was nice to have company and come home to a snowy, cozy home and watch the ball drop (three hours later) while we brought in the New Year.






The next morning we had mini chocolate croissants and went up to Humber Park to play in the snow with the pups (which was a little to hectic for my taste, with all the tourists, carrying around a baby, and trying to keep Bennet from eating random old ladies). But the dogs loved it, so that's all that matters. I have to say though, it amazes me how crazy some people are, trying to push their little cars up the hill without chains or four wheel drive, as they skid down the road with their whole family shoved in the backseat, putting everyone in danger. But at least it was kind of entertaining . . .



Obviously a goal for me this year is to be the best mom I can be. I have always wanted to have kids, and now that we finally have our first, I want her to always know the love and support of her parents. I want to work on being more patient, and continuing to practice gratitude, and recognize all that we do have, instead of the few things we don't have. And as my relationship with Aaron is the most important relationship I have, I want to continue to grow stronger as a couple and work on being in the moment with him (Milena, put that cell phone down!), as time with my family is cherished more than anything.



 And now, off to see Nonna! :)


Happy 2015 everybody!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment