Monday, May 12, 2014

Gender reveal & baby clothes!

This was such an amazing week for so many reasons. At the beginning of week 16 we found out we were having a girl & were SOOOOO excited! It has been hard to keep it a secret (though we did tell our moms and my sister right away), but I think it made the news even more exciting. I wanted to do something different for the gender reveal since we couldn't host a big gender reveal party with all our family and friends. I wanted to do something fun that wasn't too crazy, which is why I decided to buy the gender reveal scratch-off cards from Etsy. They were such a fun way to announce to family and close friends that we are having a little baby girl.

I'm also glad we waited a week or so to share the news because it has been amusing to tally up everyone's guesses and see what they thought we were having and why. Either way, we would have been thrilled, but since I have always wanted at least one girl, I am extremely excited to find out we are having one. I must admit, I'm still a little nervous that at our next ultrasound we'll find out it really is a boy (I know, I'm totally paranoid). Not that I will be disappointed if it really is a boy, but now that we have told everyone we're having a "little lady" and have been so excited about it, I would be taken off guard. Not to mention we kind of have a name in mind, and have picked out our first baby outfits!

Not that I totally believed anything I read about this, but I was constantly testing these fun gender prediction tales. For the most part I was 50/50. The big tale I heard was the morning sickness indicator, so in the beginning I thought I was having a boy. But later on, especially during week 15, I started to get "girl vibes" (I guess you could call them). Every time I pictured our baby (especially before falling asleep), I kept picturing a girl. Here is a little gender prediction chart I made according to these old wives tales:


         Old Wives Tales
Gender Predictions
Morning Sickness –Boy
According to popular beliefs, if you have morning sickness you are having a girl. This was true for about 90% of the women I know. I did not have one trace of morning sickness!
Skin breakouts—Boy
Apparently, if your skin worsens and you start to breakout during pregnancy, you are having a girl (she is “stealing your beauty”). My skin pretty much remained unchanged.
Heart rate—Girl
If your baby’s heart rate is higher than 140 bpm, get ready for a girl! So far her heart rate hasn’t been below 140 (latest was 146 bpm).
Cravings—Girl
According to some people, if you are craving sweets, you are expecting a girl. If you’re craving salty food, you are expecting a boy. I have mostly craved sweets and fruits.
 


Since I was sooo excited to find out the sex, I was even more anxious to buy something for our Bumpkin once we found out the gender. I told Aaron that I really wanted to pick something (or maybe a few things :) ) out together, and this week we finally had time to do it. Luckily I happened to browse on Ralph Lauren's website and found that they were having a HUGE spring sale, which included a ton of baby stuff. Aaron is obsessed with RL and was totally down to buy some adorable baby outfits. It was so fun to pick stuff out together, and I was so thrilled I came across this sale since we both love RL and their stuff full priced is kind of pricey. We literally received over fifty percent off our order for great quality clothes (that I'm sure our adorable baby will spit up all over), and even had complimentary shipping.  

Furthermore, we kicked our weekend off early and visited my mom and sister in Seal Beach. It was so amazing to spend some quality time together since Aaron has been working so much, and being able to see family and friends made it even better. Not to mention the weather was gorgeous and waking up so close to the ocean every morning really made our weekend feel like a mini vacation. We made sure to do some shopping, go out to eat at all our favorite places, take the dogs to the dog beach, and most importantly, RELAX. I really miss where we use to live but am glad we are less that two hours away, and in all honesty, the distance has made me appreciate my home town even more that I ever have.

The boys resting after a long, fun day.

Aaron and I spent a whole day in Newport & Balboa Island, eating, shopping and walking around some of our favorite spots. Like everyday that weekend, it was breathtaking outside and I was so grateful to spend such a beautiful day with the love of my life. 

Lunch at The Great Maple in Fashion Island
The next day I went shopping with my sister to help her pick out some professional clothing pieces, while also checking out some baby stuff. She totally knows our style and helped me find the cutest newborn pieces. I totally fell in love with some of the clothes we found at Marshalls, but narrowed my pile of about a billion items to about 4 pieces I think my baby won't be able to live without ;)



front  

  


back



We also dropped by Target where I was able to check out some of the baby gear I've been eyeing online. It makes such a difference to see/feel/test out products in person, so I'm really glad I was able to do that since we live kind of far from the nearest Target. My sister was a trooper, bringing down several strollers I was interested in so we could test drive them around the store (stroller races!). Since I'm not suppose to lift more than about 20 pounds, she got quite the workout.

Testing out the Eddie Bauer travel system I've had my eye on . . .


Now for the weekly update!

Week:17

Weight gain: 5 pounds (although according to my doctor, only 3)

Symptoms: Am I feeling baby kicks??

Changes: My stomach really popped this week! Aaron even joked around saying, “Hey, you really are pregnant!”

Clothes: Mamma bought me some maternity clothes off Zulily, which was really exciting. Also, Aaron picked out a cute pair of Tiffany blue jean capris at Macys in the maternity section, so I officially bought my first maternity piece! Finding I really love wearing maxis right now, especially since they really show off my little baby bump.

Sleep: Sleep is amazing.

Missing: Scorching hot bubble baths!

Cravings: Gatorade & olives (not together).

Best moment this week: Going down to Seal Beach for 3 whole days and spending time with the family. Loved taking our pups to the dog beach!! Especially since it was Bennet’s first time going and he did so well!

Looking forward to: Memorial Day weekend and having our family come up. My sister will hopefully be staying with us that week! Also really looking forward to week 20 (halfway mark).





2 comments:

  1. Love the dresses. I had the worst morning sickness with Bryce til I was 7 months along and non with Logan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg that is soo crazy how it was night and day for you! At least you were expecting the worst and got the best during you pregnancy with Logan :)

      Delete