Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My 4 Month Old Valentine

I can't believe my little girl is 4 months old! She is finally at that little chunky stage that I have been waiting for! This past weekend we went to Seal Beach to celebrate my birthday and it was so nice to dress her in short sleeves for a change and show off those little rolls. Being at the beach and in warmer weather has definitely gotten me in the mood for spring and summer!


I'm sure I will say this for every age and stage, but I am loving 4 months! She is so interactive and her eye contact (which has always been great) is better than ever. Sometimes I will have a staring contest with those deep blue eyes and she will finally break away and then smile. It is the cutest thing. She loves to hear herself talk, and I love watching her trying to form words and make noises. She has recently discovered her feet and toes and is constantly throwing them up in the air and grabbing them. When you go to give her a kiss she will open her mouth, and is starting the stick anything she can get her hands on in her mouth. She is smiling more than ever which makes us so incredibly smitten.

She just transferred over to 6 months clothes for the most part. Her onesies were not long enough for her and my sister convinced me I would stunt her growth if I continued to out her in her 3 month pjs. Her 3 month pants still fit as well as some tops, but this weekend she got a ton of new clothes from both Mama and Nonna and is enjoying her new wardrobe :)

Things we are still struggling with is keeping her in her bassinet throughout the whole night. I don't mind her sleeping with me for a couple of hours in the morning--in fact I love it--but all selfishness aside, I want her to be able to sleep on her own. How are we ever going to make more babies if she doesn't??  ;)

She still wants to be held all the time, which is difficult. The thing that I am having the hardest time with is letting her cry it out every once in a while (when she is clean, has been fed, doesn't have a temperature or anything else wrong with her, etc. and is just plain tired but doesn't want to sleep or be put down). It breaks my heart into tiny little pieces hearing her cry but we want her to be able to soothe herself and be independent and happy in the long run. I know letting babies cry it out is somewhat controversial, but we are always checking in on her and letting her know we are there. It is just refraining from picking her up every time she cries when we know there is nothing really wrong because she was happy/asleep in our arms before we put her down.

Aside from that, everything is so amazing. I am loving each day of motherhood more than the last, which I didn't think was possible. And I am loving being able to raise our baby with my loving and supportive husband, and realize we are so very blessed.

Her are some pics we took in Seal Beach this weekend:






No comments:

Post a Comment