Thursday, August 6, 2015

Colorado trip!

A little late, but better than never, right?



At the end of July my grandparents celebrated their 60th anniversary and invited everyone in the family to go to Colorado and join them. It was a wild ride, the trip kicking off with my grandpa having a small heart attack which kept him away from the fun and family for a couple of days and to his dismay, unable to check off river rafting from his bucket list. But when he was finally able to celebrate his marriage at the big anniversary dinner my aunt and uncle hosted for everyone, gratitude was written all over his face. He was humbled by his health, but soaking in the love from his family and it was such a beautiful moment to be a part of. Watching my grandparents that evening (and over the years) has taught me a lot about patience, love and selflessness. No love story is perfect by any means, but through the highs and lows they have sixty years of marriage to set as an example for their children and their children's children. Joining hands in a circle of prayer that evening before dinner, our large family taking over the whole banquet room, my grandfather's aged fingers delicately holding Bendelle's small, chubby hand, was such a proud and emotional moment. My family, generations, filling this space with laughter and love.











Bendelle and I spent five days in Colorado, staying with my sister, cousins, father and grandparents at my aunt and uncle's beautiful new (and huge) home. It was eventful yet somehow relaxing all at once. It was so nice to have my dad around and spend time with Bendelle and watch her bond with him so quickly.



We spent our days taking long walks, shopping downtown, playing corn hole, going horseback riding, exploring beautiful Estes Park (home of the Stanley Hotel--The Shining, anyone?), getting ice cream, swimming in the reservoir, touring Celestial tea factory, exploring downtown Boulder, eating some amazing food, and spending quality time with family.





I also loved our impromptu family game night, drinking wine and watching The Bachelorette finale (eekkk!), going on a sunset run with my dad, and shopping with my sister and Bendelle.


Overall I had a blast and wish that Aaron could have been there to enjoy it too. Can't wait to visit again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment